5 Most Common Plumbing problems
There are times when plumbing contractors are called by home owners and commercial property owners, to get some or the other plumbing issues fixed. While there are a number of different plumbing problems that can crop up, here are 5 most common issues that people face, and how best they can be fixed:
- Blocked toilets– This is probably one of the most common problems property owners have to deal with. When any kind of obstruction gets created in the pipe, your toilet can get blocked. This is also not really a DIY project and its best to get a plumber to fix the problem without delay.
- Slow-draining sink– If you have been dealing with a slow-draining sink for a long time, it’s an indication there is a problem somewhere in the drain. Depending on where the sink is, things like hair, soap, grease, food particles and maybe even small objects may get accumulated in the drain and cause the block. In some instances, it may be possible to clear the drain using a plunger. In fact, you can also try to use some specialised grease-removing agents to clear the build-up in your drains. However, if the block is very severe, you may have to call a licensed plumber in Sydney to deal with the issue.
- Leaky taps– If you have any leaky taps in your house, that can be an annoyance, and it can result in a lot of wastage of water. In some cases, the problem lies with the washer, because we tend to over-tighten the tap. Replacing a worn-out washer isn’t a very complex task and you can handle that yourself. However, if you aren’t too confident about it, or if your local laws don’t permit DIY plumbing repairs, you should just get a plumber to take care of the replacement.
- Issues with hot water heaters- While hot water heaters have quite a lengthy lifespan, they do tend to bear a lot of overuse and over the years, some or the issues do crop up. Hot water is a basic necessity and in most instances, you can’t really avoid getting the heater replaced. Again, this is another job that’s best left to a plumber to handle.
- Low water pressure– If you find the water pressure in the shower to be very low, the problem could be caused by lime build-up or even a calcium build-up. This is one plumbing issue you may be able to fix by yourself. You simply have to take out the shower head from the hose and then soak it in some good de-scaling solution for a short while- this will help remove the build-up.
We at SPS Plumbers provide 24/7 emergency services based on what your requirements are. If you have any questions about our services or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.