Gas Leak Detection
While gas is a relatively affordable and green form of energy, it’s also very risky to use. Modern gas plumbing systems are designed with the highest safety standards in mind but even with these stringent standards, gas leaks aren’t that uncommon. In fact, almost everyone who has property with a gas plumbing system has faced some form of gas leaks in the past. In these situations, it’s important to respond quickly and call in an emergency plumber. If you have a gas leak, call us immediately!
What are the Common Signs of a Gas Leak?
There are a few signs that you need to watch out for. Gas systems are designed in such a way that all signs of leaks are immediately noticeable. Here’s what you need to do:
- Odour – Gas is naturally odourless and colourless but government and gas companies realized that this is a health hazard because leaks would be undetectable. Today, an additive is included in the gas to give it that distinctive immediately noticeable odour. This is the most glaring sign of gas leakage.
- Noise – Leaking gas pipes often emit a clear hissing sound as the gas escapes through cracks or loose joints. In some locations, this noise is often quite audible and immediately noticeable.
- Temperature – If you notice the above two symptoms, just touch the nearest gas pipeline for a moment. If the pipe is cold to touch, it means that the pressure of gas inside has dropped because of a leak.
If you spot any of these signs, you need to call us immediately because there’s no room for delays. A gas leak would risk your life and your home. This gas isn’t just highly flammable, but also toxic to humans.
What Should You Do When There’s A Leak?
When there’s a leak in the property, your first priority is to secure the safety of you and your family. You shouldn’t try to figure out where the leak is; you can leave that task to us. We suggest you take the steps listed below:
- Turn off any live flames in your home immediately.
- Open the windows and doors to let the gas out.
- Warn everyone present on the property about the gas leak.
- Evacuate the property.
- Call the gas company and ask them to shut down the supply to your home.
- Call us!
How Can We Help?
- We’re experienced gas plumbers and have handled several gas leak problems over the years.
- We are very precise and you the latest equipment to spot the leakage.
- Our plumbers will carefully examine the entire gas plumbing system to determine the location of the leak.
- Once we have isolated the origin and determined the cause, we will repair the system promptly.
If you have any questions about our gas leak detection services or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.