Leaking Shower Repairs
Leaking showers can be a nuisance and leave behind ugly water damage stains on the wall. They can also create unhealthy living conditions in your home because they encourage mould and other such problems underneath the tiles. On the surface, this seems like a small, easily fixed problem until you get the quote from a contractor or a plumber and you realize just how much trouble you’re in. Many contractors recommend tile replacement, which can be expensive and time-consuming. At SPS Plumbers, we offer more affordable and quick leaking shower repair solutions.
Why Do Showers Leak?
Showers shouldn’t leak because they’re specifically designed to keep water contained within the bathroom. No moisture should slip into the floor underneath the shower tiles or in the surrounding areas. Unfortunately, sometimes water and moisture does slip past the tiles and causes a considerable amount of water damage. So, what causes the problems?
- The Movement of the House – You might not know it, but your house does move and shift based on seasonal changes. For example, you can expect the walls to expand in hot temperatures and contract in cold temperatures. This can loosen and crack the grout between the tiles, which breaks the seal.
- Drains – Drains can also be a cause of leakage and most plumbers forget to explore this option thoroughly. They automatically assume that any shower leak must we due to cracks in the grout. That’s not always the case and we do check the drains before we conduct any repairs.
- Gaps – Gaps between the shower tile wall and shower floor can also cause water damage. Water can seep past the broken or cracked grout and into these gaps, which will damage the wall behind it.
What are the Warning Signs?
There are several warning signs of shower leakages. If you spot these signs, you need to call us immediately before the damage worsens. Here’s what you need to look for:
- Bubbles in the paint or wallpaper on walls
- Moist or smelly carpet
- Missing floor or wall tile grout
- Gaps in shower wall and floor joints
- Discoloured tiles and grout
- Jammed bathroom door
- Soft or buckling shower floors
- Signs of mould and mildew
- Water damage on the walls around or ceiling below the bathrooms
How Can we Help?
Our first priority is to understand the root cause of the problem. When you call us, we will follow a step-by-step procedure to do leaking shower repair.
- Our plumber will examine the shower and the surrounding areas carefully
- Look at the grout, drains, and the water damage
- Determine the cause and offer an accurate quote
- Do the required repairs quickly and efficiently. We usually just seal the tiles and repair the drains to stop the leaks.
If you have any questions about our leaking shower repair services or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.