Taps Won’t Turn Off
This is one of the most common plumbing problems people face. They open a tap in the kitchen or the bathroom and find that no matter how many times they turn the knob, the water doesn’t stop. People usually don’t react well in such circumstances as they don’t know how else to stop the flow of water. At SPS Plumbers, we can help you deal with this problem immediately and ensure there’s little to no water wastage as a result of taps that won’t turn off.
What are the First Steps?
If you act quickly, you won’t waste much water in this situation. Your first priority is to stop the flow of water, so here’s what you should do:
- Warn people that reside in your home/ building that there’s a problem with the plumbing.
- Turn off the isolation water valve for that particular fixture. For example, if the tap on your sink doesn’t turn off, you need to access the area under the sink and find the isolation valve and shut it off.
- Once the water stops, call us immediately. We will send our emergency plumbers to your property to handle the situation.
- If the water doesn’t shut off, you have a problem with the isolation valve. If you don’t have an isolation valve for that particular fixture, you should consider installing one without delay.
- At this point, you need to turn off the water supply to the entire property until the emergency plumber arrives. This valve is usually located outside the house or property and will be close to the water meter.
How Do we Deal With the Situation?
We usually respond to such calls promptly and dispatch our emergency plumber to your property soon after the call. We understand that such problems can interrupt your day-to-day life and create considerable amount of hassle. Here’s what we do:
- After you call, our plumber leaves with all required equipment for your property. We’re always prepared for unexpected problems and always drive a full-equipment van to job sites.
- Once we reach your property, our first priority is to determine the cause. If the isolation valve works, the problem probably lies in the tap itself.
- We disassemble the tap inspect the washers and the tap spindles carefully for signs of wear and tear. Worn-out washers and spindles are probably the reason why your taps won’t turn off.
- Our plumber will replace these components and check if the system works.
- If the problem persists, we will inspect the isolation valve and the plumbing system leading to the tap and repair any faults we find.
Usually, we can repair taps in a matter of minutes so you should be able to use them again quickly. If you have any questions about our services for taps that won’t turn off or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.