Tips to Look After Your Plumbing
Every homeowner that is particular about their home, spends a considerable amount of time on ensuring that everything is in the best condition at all times. It’s why they spend time on weekends cleaning their homes, mowing their lawns and tackling other chores around the house. While all these are essential things, it’s also extremely important that you look after your plumbing installations well. These are largely out of sight and people tend to forget maintenance of these fixtures.
This can be detrimental to the system because any deterioration or damage will go unnoticed and once it escalates it will only cause problems. The one way to reduce the incidence of plumbing issues is to look after your plumbing with as much regularity as you look after various other installations in your home. While it’s a good idea to hire the services of a licensed plumber in Sydney to handle regular maintenance of these installations, there are certain things you can do to improve the condition and longevity if the pipes etc. in your home.
Some quick fixes
Most homeowners have to face certain common plumbing issues. We at SPS Plumbers have put together a list of some of them and how you can clear them:
- Clogged drains– Pour half a cupful of salt into the drain and the pour hot water into the drain till the clog gets cleared. If you find that the drains are getting clogged too often, you can use some enzyme-based drain cleaners to clear the block. Never use harsh cleaners that have chemicals in them as excessive usage of these will only cause damage to the pipes.
- Less/no water coming from the faucet– The first thing to do is to ensure that shut-off the valve that’s positioned under the sink is open; and then you plug the drain. You then have to unscrew the aerator that’s on the faucet and rinse or wash all the components of the aerator, then put all the parts together again. You will find that the water now flows freely from the faucet.
Prevent plumbing problems
The one way to reduce the incidence of plumbing issues on your property, there are some things you can do to preserve the condition of the plumbing and drain pipes:
- Install strainers in the bath and shower drains; these will help block any small objects and hair that would otherwise have flowed into the drains. Clean these regularly with some hot water
- Never pour any fat or grease into the kitchen drain. You should typically preserve this in any metal container and then dispose of it in the garbage.
- While we all enjoy having high water pressure, it tends to strain the pipes and can result in a leak. You should get a water pressure gauge installed to measure the water pressure.
We at SPS Plumbers provide 24/7 emergency services based on what your requirements are. If you have any questions about our services or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.