Drains and sewers carry a large amount of waste on a daily basis and are essential aspects of your plumbing system. However, they’re also one of the most ignored parts of a property. Most people don’t pay much attention to their drains unless they start malfunctioning in some way. Drainage systems are designed to be resilient and handle considerable amount of load. But eventually, debris and dirt can pile up and cause a blockage. If your drainage system starts to show signs of clogs, you should give us at SPS Plumbers a call. Our expert blockage clearing services will take care of the problem in no time.
Why Do Drains Clog?
Drains can develop blockages for a variety of reasons. Some of these causes can be prevented through proper use and maintenance but others are inevitable. Here’s a list of the most common causes of drain blockage:
- Tree roots
- Soap, detergent, shampoo, and other such substances
- Kitchen waste like food matter, fats, solids, and oils
- Plastics and papers that are flushed down the toilet
- Large amounts of toilet papers flushed together
- Compromised drainage pipe
- Cave ins and collapse in sections of sewer lines
What are the Signs of Drain Clogs?
There are many signs that indicate that there’s a clog in the system. Drainage clogs will only get worse with time so it’s vital to address them as quickly as you can. Here are some signs you should keep an eye on:
- Slow drainage
- Standing water in the sink or bathtub
- Flooding from floor drains in the bathroom, utility room, basement, etc
- Clogged toilets
- Backed-up water
- Rotten egg-like odour from the drains
- Gurgling down even when the drains aren’t in use
How can We Help?
We’ve been the go-to plumber for many people here in Sydney for the past 15 years. Our plumbers have considerable amount of skill and experience in this industry and are committed to customer satisfaction. They’ll make sure that your drainage systems work efficiently before they consider their job done. When they reach your location, they will:
- Inspect the entire drainage system to identify the location of the clog. They will first check the drain pipes inside your home or building before they check the main sewer.
- If the clog is in the internal system, they’ll use a small drainage auger to clear the drains of the clog.
- If the blockage is in the sewer, they’ll use a sewer auger to address the problem. This tool is quite powerful and can easily clear tree roots as well.
- However, if the auger doesn’t resolve the problem, our plumber will examine the system with the help of the CCTV camera to determine the exact location of the clog. They can dig a trench or use hydrojet to address the problem.
If you have any questions about our blockage clearing services or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.