Blocked toilets are unpleasant and troublesome. Of all the plumbing problems, this can be the most frustrating, especially if you have only one toilet on your property. Despite how unpleasant the task is, many people try to clear the blockage themselves. Unfortunately, in their attempted to do so, they cause more damage to the system and that leads to expensive repairs. If you have blocked toilets, you should give us at SPS Plumber a call. We will make sure that your toilet is clear and functions well once again.
Why Does it Happen?
People usually don’t use toilets well or carefully. They don’t think twice before they flush things down the toilet; or forget regular cleaning and maintenance. Unfortunately, this carelessness can cause a lot of problems down the line. Here are some reasons why your toilet might be clogged:
- Flushing – Toilets are intricate systems designed to transport solid and liquid waste in a specific manner. While they will transport normal waste and toilet paper to the drainage system easily enough, they can’t transport things like paper towels, plastics, cloth, feminine hygiene products, etc, as easily. If you continue to flush these items down the toilet, eventually it’s going to give up.
- Hard Water – Hard water tends to leave behind deposits on the toilet bowl. Over time, these deposits build up and cause problems to the system. Our plumbers will address the situation and remove the hard water residue from the toilet.
- Trap – The S-Trap that connects your toilet to the drainage system is one of the most important aspects of the mechanism. It helps maintain a reasonable level of water in the toilet bowl. Unfortunately, while the trap can handle some load, things like plastic or too much toilet paper can accumulate in this area and cause a clog. We usually use a toilet plunger or an auger to take care of the problem.
- Clogged Sewer – Sewer problems and clogs will inevitably block your toilet as well. The only way to deal with this is to remove the sewer clog.
How Do We Address the Problem?
We know just how important toilets are and how uncomfortable it can be if they stop functioning well. We always treat toilet problems as urgent jobs and send our emergency plumber to your location.
- Our first step it to use the toilet auger to clear the clog as much as possible. This usually takes care of any drainage problem.
- If we still see blocked toilets, we investigate further and examine the toilet carefully. We also check the other drains in the bathroom to see if they function well.
- If you don’t find anything wrong with the toilet and the surrounding drains, the problem lies with the sewer.
- We repair the damage and make sure everything works well before we consider our job done.