The Benefits Of Water Filtration Systems
As people have become more aware of the importance of the purity of the water used for drinking and cooking, they have started to invest in water filters. They get water filters fitted on refrigerators or their kitchen faucets. But most don’t think it necessary to get a larger water filtration system that provides pure water to the entire house.
We all know that a larger amount of water is used for showers and baths as well as for laundry and cleaning dishes than for cooking or drinking. The water received from the Sydney main water lines is reasonably good but does not reach the highest standards of purity.
Why Use Full-House Water Filtration Systems?
Do you know that the water you get from your taps has sediments and minerals, chlorine, dirt, etc.? Therefore, at SPS Plumbers we recommend the installation of a whole home water filter system immediately. These are designed as a point-of-entry water filtration system to ensure you and your family have pure water to drink and use. Look at the reasons why you should get this system installed and how you benefit from it.
- Fewer Chemicals – When you opt for a full home water filtration system, you will have water with lower chemical content. It automatically eliminates the build-up of grime and scum on shower screens and bathroom tiles.
- Healthy And Gentle Water– Many people suffer from allergies and sensitive skin diseases such as eczema and dry skin. The use of softened water helps reduce and even eliminate these skin conditions.
- Good For Home Appliances – Hard water results in a build-up of limescale and grime on appliances in your home and this reduces their This means you will end up spending excessive amounts of money on their replacement. Soft water doesn’t cause these types of problems and saves you money in the long term.
- Garden Plants Grow Better– Filtered water is good for plants in your garden. As these plants absorb fewer chemicals and minerals, they become healthier giving a fresh look to your landscape.
You Need Expert Plumbing Professionals
The whole house water filtration system has multiple benefits. Pure water made available through this system has a positive impact on your health and the surroundings. It will take away some of your major worries. But you need to hire expert professionals for the installation.
We have experts who have installed and handled these water systems in many homes and commercial properties. When you hire us for the job, our licensed plumber in Sydney will provide detailed information about the different types of water filtration systems, how they work, their maintenance, costs, and benefits. This enables you to arrive at an informed decision about a system that suits your requirements and budget. For any information about our gas fitting services, feel free to call SPS Plumbers on 02 9002 7332, and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill in the contact us form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Home water filters are no longer an exception and many people have started to get these features installed in their homes. These systems are most commonly installed on the refrigerator or kitchen tap and it’s still rare to find homes that have whole water filtration systems. When it comes to filtered water, most of us tend to stop at the kitchen and we don’t feel we require that level of water purity in the rest of the house.
But the fact is that we use far more water to do the dishes, the laundry or even in the showers and baths, than we do on drinking or cooking. While the water that comes from the Sydney main lines is quite good, it’s not entirely pure.
Whole water filtration systems- the benefits
Since the water has a number of sediments and minerals, we at SPS Plumbers recommend that you get a whole home water filter system installed in your home. Take a look at why this matters:
- Fewer chemicals- When you use softened or filtered water for your home, you will automatically end up using far less chemicals with all your cleaning. Using softened water helps eliminate all the grime and scum that accumulates on shower screens and bathroom very easily.
- Healthy and gentle option- Many children today suffer from sensitive skin and allergies. Softened water helps eliminate skin conditions such as eczema and dry skin.
Better for the home appliances- The minerals in the water make it hard which results in the build-up of limescale and grime on bathroom fixtures, appliances and clothes too. When you prolong the lifespan of the appliances, fixtures etc. it helps you save a significant amount of money on replacements.
We know that water is essential for our survival, but we also know that the water we drink or use for cooking and cleaning utensils needs to be free of contaminants. Unfortunately, the water we currently get has a number of pollutants, which makes it unsafe for drinking and can cause allergies, reactions, and illnesses in sensitive individuals. This is also why most people get filters installed in their homes. But there are so many different varieties available in the market that you would have to conduct some research or get the advice of a professional plumber before deciding which one you should get installed on your property.
Types of water filters
Here is some information about the different types of water filters that we at SPS Plumbers can install on your property.
- Infrared filters – This particular system reduces the hardness of water. It uses both light and heat to send a negative charge into the water, making it softer and safe for use.
- Activated carbon filters – These filters clean water by filtering out the larger particles such as sediment and silt. The filter efficiently absorbs the sediment so that it’s eliminated from the water that comes out of the faucets.
- Alkaline/water ionizers – These filters work almost in the same way that infrared filters do; the only difference is that they use electrolysis by channelling the water over plates that have been electrically charged, which separates the water into two streams, one of which is acidic and the other alkaline. The latter is safer for consumption.
- Reverse Osmosis – These filters are quite popular as they can remove most of the contaminants, giving you water that’s odour-free and clean. Some of the more expensive RO filters can easily filter-out contaminants that are as minute as .001 microns.
- UV Filters – This advanced water filtration technology uses UV radiation to destroy any harmful bacteria that are present in the water. It’s highly effective and environmentally-friendly and no additional heat source or chemicals are needed in its functioning.
Call the plumbing experts
Water filters are also available in different forms. Point-of-use filters that can be installed on showers and faucets are a good option if you want to soften water in your home. You can also opt for a larger water filtration system for your entire home. This will remove certain microscopic particles and concentrations of dissolved contaminants from the water.
We at SPS Plumbers have the knowledge, experience to provide you all the information you need about water filters and can handle the installation to perfection. We can also assess, identify and repair all types of plumbing problems and provide prompt and professional services regardless of the time you call us. For any information, feel free to call us on 02 9002 7332 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Water Meter Setups
The water meter is one of the most important aspects of your plumbing system because it measures just how much water you use. The water company will then take the water meter reading and charge you accordingly. Needless to say, every property needs one. Efficient water meters will calculate the amount you consume accurately so you don’t have to worry about being overcharged. At SPS Plumbers, we can install a whole water meter setup quickly and efficiently.
Burst Water Meters
Burst pipelines and leaking water meters can often lead to inflated water bills at the end of the month. Most people don’t even see the signs until they receive an unusually high water bill. This is usually because the water meter is located closer to the boundary wall of your property and water pipes close to that area are located underground. It can be a little difficult to determine that water meter has a leakage but a burst pipe is noticeable because you’ll see a drop in water pressure in your sinks and bathrooms. If you face either of these problems, you should call us at SPS Plumbers.