Common Signs of Gas Leaks To Look Out For
Many people use natural gas for various appliances in their home and its one of the most cost-efficient fuel options. However, gas can be extremely dangerous if the installations are handled poorly or if poor quality fixtures and fittings are used. The best way to ensure that the gas installations on your property are properly installed and safe is to hire licensed gas installers like the ones at SPS Plumbers.
We are a company that has been operating in this industry and have the experience and certification required to handle even the most complex gas installation and repair jobs with the highest levels of expertise and skills. We also encourage our client to opt for regular preventive maintenance solutions. This goes a long way in preventing problems from cropping up. In addition, we recommend that clients be aware of what signs indicate a potential problem in the gas installations in their homes.
Common Signs Of Gas Leaks
- Odour – Gas is colourless & odourless. However gas companies incorporate an additive that gives it a certain odour. If you detect this distinctive odour in your home indicates there is a gas leak.
- Temperature- If you suspect there is a gas leak on your property, simply touch the gas pipeline anywhere in your home. If it is cold, that is an indication of a pressure drop which is generally caused by a pipe leak.
- Noises- When there is a gas pipe leak, it emits a hissing sound as the gas escapes through the crack and joints. You might be able to hear this distinctive sound very clearly in certain appliances and areas.
Gas leaks can be extremely hazardous. Not only is the gas toxic in nature, but is also highly inflammable too. If you have noticed these signs, call in a licensed plumber in Sydney immediately.
Some Steps to Follow
While you wait for the plumber to come in and fix the problem, there are certain steps you should take:
- Turn off all the live flames in your home.
- Quickly open up all the windows and doors as this will help clear the indoor air of all the gas.
- Warn your family members about the gas leak.
- Evacuate the house immediately.
- Call your gas provider and request them to quickly shut down the main gas supply to your home.
- Call SPS Plumbers without delay.
We at SPS Plumbers have the experience, equipment and knowledge to quickly assess, identify as well as repair all kinds of gas leak problems. We also provide standard plumbing services and gas maintenance solutions. This helps ensure that all gas installations are functioning well.
If you need a licensed 24/7 emergency plumber, we can provide prompt and professional services regardless of the time you call us. For any information, feel free to call us on 02 9002 7332 and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.