You can avoid a large number of drainage and plumbing problems if you keep your drain clean and take care of your plumbing system. This process doesn’t require much effort or time, so you don’t have to set a day aside just to get your drains cleaned. Some people use home remedies like baking soda or purchase chemical drain cleaners from the local store to handle the task. However, it’s always a better idea to call in the professionals. At SPS Plumbers, we use safe and effective techniques to clear the drainage system and ensure it functions smoothly.
Which Drains Need to Be Cleaned?
Every property has many different kinds of drains. All of them need to be cleaned occasionally to make sure the plumbing system runs smoothly. You don’t need to do it too often, but if you call in a plumber once a year for drain cleaning, you won’t have to deal with overflow and blockages. Here’s a list of drains that you need to clean:
- Kitchen Drains – These are perhaps the most vulnerable drains in your home. Clogs in this drain take time to develop as the food particles, fats, grease, soaps, and detergents build up over time and cause a clog. Our plumbers have specialized training and equipment to handle kitchen drains and will make sure that the entire system works well.
- Bathroom Drains – Bathroom drains have to transport things like hair, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc. Some people also dump products like lotions and soaps down the sink after they expire. Of course, not all products travel smoothly down the drain and many will cling to the walls of the pipe. This will build up over time and cause clogs in the bathroom drainage system.
- Floor Drains – These drains are often found in basements, utility rooms, garages, driveways, and patios. These drains often transport dirty, muddy water that will eventually build up and lead to a clog. Floor drains usually have a trap that maintains a layer of water in the drain. This layer of water keeps the gas from the sewage system away from your home. If these drains start to emit a foul odour, you need to call the plumber.
How do We Clean Drains?
If you call us for a regular, scheduled drain cleaning job, we’ll handle one drain at a time from top of the house to the bottom. However, if you’ve called us to address a particular drain clog, we’ll follow the strategy listed below:
- Our plumbers will examine the drainage system to determine the location of the clog.
- They’ll then use a drain auger and other such tools to clear the clog.
- If the problem isn’t resolved, we will look into the sewer system for blockages and use more comprehensive techniques to address the problem.
If you have any questions about our drain cleaning services or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.