Hot Water Replacement
Hot water systems have a fixed lifespan. If you maintain the system well, you can extend it by a few years, but it’s usually not recommended. Sometimes, despite your best efforts, you can’t salvage the hot water system and need to replace it. This isn’t an easy decision to take because these systems cost as significant amount of money.
Most people hesitate and delay the expense as much as they can, but that’s never a good idea because old and inefficient systems can lead to expensive utility bills every month. At SPS Plumbers, we aim to help you in every way possible. We will help you choose the right hot water replacement for your home and make sure everything fits within your budget.
When Should You Replace Your Hot Water System?
You can’t keep holding on to your old hot water system forever because eventually its fail and you’ll have to endure several days with cold water. If you can’t determine whether it’s time to replace the system, consider the points listed below:
- Age of the System – Your hot water system should be replaced every 10 to 12 years, based on the model and brand you purchased. Some systems last longer than others, but you need to keep in mind that the technology has advanced over the years. Modern systems are more energy efficient and resilient than old ones.
- Inefficient Heating – If your system doesn’t heat the water well, even after you’ve repaired it and replaced some components, you need to consider a replacement. Your system can no longer support your hot water requirements.
- Rust-Coloured Water – Usually, this is considered a sign of a disintegrating anode, but sometimes it can mean much more. The hot water can wear down the interiors of your hot water system and cause rust. This rust will mingle with the water and stain it.
- Noise – If your hot water system rumbles and makes noise, there’s a chance that too much sediment has settled inside and has hardened over time. Too much sediment can compromise the heater’s efficiency and eventually render it useless.
- Water – The presence of water around the heater’s tank is a clear indication of cracks and leaks. While these can be patched up a few times, eventually, you’ll have to find a better tank. If the ground is moist or even soggy, you might need to replace the hot water system.
If you see these signs, you need to replace your hot water system. We can help you choose the best product for your home because we’re familiar with all modern brands and their systems. Our experienced and efficient plumbers will install the system and make sure that it functions smoothly.
If you have any questions about our hot water replacement services or want a no-obligation quote, do get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.