It is neither pleasant nor easy to deal with a flooded bathroom. Not only can the water affect the carpeting, flooring as well as other fixtures and attached areas, but can also impact the integrity of the structure. You must address this issue without delay, which is why you should hire the services of proven 24/7 emergency plumbers like the ones at SPS Plumbers.
We are committed to providing our clients prompt and efficient services and go the extra mile to make sure that you get top-notch solutions at very cost-effective price points. Our team of experts will be at your doorstep within the shortest possible time in a van fully stocked with all the necessary equipment and tools to handle the job efficiently.
Steps To Take
However, in the meantime, there are certain things that you can do to tackle a flooded bathroom issue. These are the steps to follow:
- Switch off the electrical supply to the bathroom area. Electricity and water is a dangerous combination, and it is never a good idea to go into that space without switching off the power to that particular circuit.
- Make sure that any elderly family members or children stay away from that space. The water can be harmful to their health.
- Before you walk into that space, make sure that you wear rain boots.
- Turn off the water supply at the primary connection. If you aren’t aware of the location of this valve, the plumbing company’s customer service representative would be able to help you with the information. This valve is typically located adjacent to the water metre installation on your property.
- If you know that there is an isolation valve fitted in your bathroom, you can turn that off as well.
- Turn off the individual valves that connect to bathtubs, toilet and sinks.
- If the toilet is overflowing, do not flush it, as that will only create an even bigger problem.
- Taking these steps is an excellent way to ensure that no more water reaches the bathroom space. The plumbing professionals will arrive at your property in the meantime. These are the steps they would follow.
Steps That a Professional Plumber Will Take
- The plumber will first clear all the water from the flooded bathroom. It will help them work more efficiently. They will use pumps to remove the water from that space and ensure that it is directed away from the flooded areas.
- Once they have clear access to that space, they will inspect all the plumbing installations to determine what is causing the flood.
- After they have found out what the root cause of the problem is, they will provide you with a detailed quote and tell you how they will fix the problem.
- Once you give your approval, they will make sure that the work is completed to industry standards.
For any information about our full range of plumbing solutions, feel free to call SPS Plumbers on 02 9002 7332, and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill the contact us form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.