Most water leaks can be spotted quite quickly as you can see the water stains in various areas like ceilings and walls. Sometimes, the flooding and seepage are very evident, and you may notice water pooling in different indoor and outdoor areas of your home. However, it isn’t always that easy to spot water leakages because many plumbing fixtures are behind walls or enclosed under some structures.
This is when water leak detection may become very difficult for property owners. We at SPS Plumbers understand the challenges that property owners face and provide reliable and efficient Water Leak Detection services to commercial and residential clients. We use the latest technology and tools in our work and make sure you get value for money.
If you have noticed any signs of a leak or are suddenly paying very high water bills without excess usage, call us without delay. We are prompt in our response and will make sure that the problem is resolved quickly and efficiently. We also offer emergency plumbing services in case there is sudden flooding on your property, from burst or leaking plumbing installations.
Causes of Water Leaks
Many different things can cause water leakage. Most plumbing installations are quite durable and resilient and don’t suffer damage. However, it’s a good idea to be watchful and aware of what causes water leaks.
- Outdated plumbing systems can spring leaks without warning.
- Iron pipes may corrode and crack over time resulting in leakages.
- Excavation and repair work can sometimes result in pipe leaks as contractors may inadvertently damage these installations.
- Improper grading in the outdoor spaces can place pressure on underground plumbing fixtures and cause breaks and cracks in the pipes.
Spotting Water Leaks
If you are paying excessive water bills with no change in water usage pattern or have noticed some signs of a leak, these are the steps to follow:
- Locate the main water meter on your property and shut it off.
- Shut off all the taps and plumbing installations in your home.
- Take the water meter reading.
- Wait for about an hour and recheck the reading on the water meter. If there is a change, it means there could be a leak in the installations leading to your home.
When the plumbing professionals come in to fix water leaks, they will use techniques and tools such as:
- Physical & visual inspections
- Ground microphones
- CCTV cameras
- Sonic leak detection device
Using these will give them a good idea of the cause and location of the leak, and they will use appropriate measures to fix the problem.
We at SPS offer prompt and efficient plumbing services and can fix all types of leaks, big and small. For any information about our full range of plumbing solutions, feel free to call SPS Plumbers on 02 9002 7332, and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill the contact us form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.