Leaking or damaged taps might seem like a small thing, but they can be a nuisance. After all, no one wants to listen to the constant drip-drip of faulty taps. Because taps are used so frequently, they’re some of the most vulnerable components of your plumbing system. It’s a breeze to repair and replace taps and that’s one of the reasons why this is a popular DIY task.
Many people don’t realize that taps that are repaired or installed by amateurs are often more prone to leakages and damage. While they might function well at the time of the installation or repair, they quickly deteriorate. You can avoid this if you call a professional plumber from SPS Plumbers. We offer a lifetime guarantee and an assurance of good quality along with the repair.
What are the Common Tap Problems?
Tap problems are very common and can be fixed quickly. There are different kinds of problems that require different solutions and these include:
- Dripping Taps – The drip or leak is usually caused by a worn down washer or spindle. A washer can be easily replaced but if there’s a problem with the spindle, we recommend replacing the tap.
- Leaks around the Handle – If the cartilage in the handle is broken, the tap will start leaking. This can be repaired and our plumbers will restore the tap to normal function in no time.
- Taps that cause water hammers in the plumbing system – This is due to a variation in pressure. Water hammers occur when there’s a sudden increase in the pressure within the system.
You can also have noisy taps, taps that don’t open, taps that don’t open completely, etc. A skilled and experienced plumber will fix these problems with long-lasting solutions. That ensures we don’t add to the customer’s expenses by installing or repairing fixtures that would need more attention down the line.
How do We Work?
We consider tap repair a standard, non-emergency job, but if you want the matter resolved quickly, let us know and we’ll send an available plumber to your location. Once our plumbers are at your location, they will:
- Examine the tap and check the mechanism. This helps them determine what’s wrong with the tap and how it can be repaired.
- After they complete the assessment, they’ll let you know whether the tap needs to be replaced or repaired. In most cases, the tap can be fixed and replacement isn’t required.
- Our plumber will then tell you how much replacement or tap repair will cost. This estimate is very accurate because we charge on a job-to-job basis and not by the hour.
- Once you approve of the amount, they’ll repair or replace with a good quality tap that would last you several years without any problems.
- Our plumber will examine the repaired or replaced tap one last time to make sure it functions properly.
If you have any questions about our tap repair services or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.