Have you suddenly had to deal with a bathroom drain backup or a toilet overflow and found that using a plunger is nothing more than a futile effort? Blocked drains are quite a common problem and when they occur, they can upset your day’s schedule, because these plumbing jobs can’t be deferred and they have to be attended to without delay.
We at SPS Plumbers are one of the most renowned and sought-after companies in this space and provide excellent 24/7 emergency blocked drains services to both commercial and residential customers across the region. The one thing to keep in mind is that though a blocked drain can definitely be classified as a plumbing emergency, it’s not something that occurs without certain warning signs. It’s just most of us tend to ignore those signs. If you find that the water in the kitchen or bathroom sinks or even in the shower areas are draining very slowly, that could be an indication of a drain clog.
Why do drains become blocked?
The different things that can result in a drain blockage include accumulation of:
- Greasy substances
- Food remnants
- Feminine hygiene products
- Wet wipe, tissues, toilet paper
- Shampoo or cosmetic bottle and jar caps
- Small toys
- Other foreign objects
Over time, these things can get lodged in the bends and joints of drain pipes and result in a complete block. If the block is severe, a plunger or auger may not be effective in clearing it and you would have to call in a licensed plumber in Sydney for the job.
Tree root drain blockages
The other common reason for drain blocks are tree roots in drains. If you have trees growing very close to the drain pipes in your landscape, they can infiltrate the pipes through the joints or tiny cracks. Over time, they feed on the nutrient-rich water in the drains, thrive and eventually result in a block. This is a very severe drain block problem and we at SPS follow a very detailed process to tackle it:
- Our experts will visit your property.
- They will inspect the installations and survey the area.
- A CCTV drain camera will be inserted into the affected drain.
- This helps identify where the block is and what is causing it.
- They will then use jet-blasting machines or electric drain eel equipment to clear the block.
- We also use chemical drain cleaners if the situation demands it.
- Our experts will also check the drains for cracks and damage and recommend suitable repairs using techniques such as pipe relining.
Hire expert plumbing professionals
We at SPS Plumbers have the knowledge, experience and tools to quickly assess, identify and repair all types of blocked drain problems. If you need a licensed 24/7 emergency plumber, we can provide prompt and professional services regardless of the time you call us. For any information, feel free to call us on 02 9002 7332 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.