The Damage that High Water Pressure Can Do to Your Plumbing
No one really likes to shower or even wash their vehicle with very low water pressure. However a higher water pressure is something that comes at a certain expense. High water pressure ends up causing a lot of water wastage; which means, you will end up paying much higher water bills. Apart from this, high water pressure also stresses the plumbing system in your home. It also reduces the longevity of various appliances such as water heaters, washing machines, dishwashers etc.
Signs of high water pressure you should look out for
- Banging in pipes- Noisy pipes are one of the commonest indicators of high water pressure
- Leaky faucets– If you find that the faucet leaks only at specific times of the day, or maybe whenever you are taking a shower or running water in the tub, this could mean there is high water pressure in the pipes
- Running toilets– This is not as common as the other two issues we just mentioned; however, it could be an indication of high water pressure
If you have noticed any of these signs in your home, it’s important that you call in a local licensed plumber in Sydney. We at SPS Plumbers are a company that has been operating in this space for a number of years and handle plumbing jobs big and small. Our recommendation is that you should get regular preventive plumbing maintenance done on your property. This is the one way to nip the problem in the bud. As part of any regular plumbing maintenance plan, the company will come over to your home at regular intervals and conduct a thorough check on all the plumbing installations. Just as they check all the pipes and fixtures, they will also check the water pressure in the pipes.
They will use advanced equipment to conduct a pressure test. If it is higher than what it should be, you will be informed about it and the problem can be fixed before it goes out of hand. It’s not very difficult to fix a high water pressure issue; the plumbing professional will install a PRV (pressure reducing valve). There are some distinct benefits to doing so:
- It improves the efficiency of your plumbing
- Helps you save a significant amount of money on water bills
- The water pressure that’s coming into your home, will be reduced to a much more functional level
- In case your property already has a PRV installed, this device has a lifespan of around 7-12 years. Based on how old the installation is, you may have to get it replaced.
We at SPS Plumbers provide 24/7 emergency services based on your specific requirements. If you have any questions about our services or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.