Things to do When You are Dealing with a Flooded Bathroom
It’s not very easy to deal with a flooded bathroom; it can very quickly mess up and damage the different fixtures in your bathroom, the flooring, carpets etc. In fact, it might also enter the adjacent rooms and it’s crucial that the job be tackled in a very efficient and quick manner. This is because your bathroom is a very important part of your property.
The recommendation is that you shouldn’t delay in calling a plumber if you find water backing up and pooling on your bathroom floor. We at SPS Plumbers are a leading company in this space and we focus on providing customers with quick and efficient services. While you are waiting for us to arrive at your location, there are some steps you can take:
- Shut off the electrical supply that leads to your bathroom as electricity and water is a very dangerous combination. If there is a separate switch that controls the electric supply to the bathroom, simply switch that off.
- Ensure that kids & older people in your family are kept away from the bathroom; this is because the water may have biohazards and germs and these can be harmful to their health.
- It’s best to wear rain boots before you try to get into the flooded bathroom.
- If the bathroom has an isolation valve, you should switch that off as well
- Turn off the valves that are attached the different fixtures like the toilets, bathtubs and wash basins etc.
- It’s best not to flush a toilet that’s overflowing as that will only make the situation worse.
Things that our professional plumber would do…
Since you will have turned off the main water supply to the bathroom, you don’t have to be worried about the flooding getting any worse. When our professionals arrive there, they will:
- Clear the water from the bathroom with the use of pumps; these direct the water out of the bathroom and we ensure it’s disposed of very safely.
- We now start to determine what caused the flooding in the first place. In most instances its either a clog in the toilet or drain or a malfunctioning toilet or tap that causes this. Sometimes, flooding occurs because a pipe has been accidentally left open in a bathroom.
- Our plumbers will explain the situation to you, inform you about the steps that would be taken to fix the problem; you will also be provided with a quote for the job to be done.
We are the 24/7 emergency plumber that provides quick and efficient services based on your specific requirements. If you have any questions about our services or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is email@example.com. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.