Tips To Fix Recurring Toilet Problems
Plumbing problems can crop up without any warning. This occurs because the various plumbing fixtures in the home see extensive use on a daily basis and regular wear and tear take their toll. But what most people don’t realise is that these problems rarely ever surface without warning and there are certain signs to look out for. We at SPS Plumbers handle all types of plumbing problems expertly. Here we take a look at some common problem signs that show up in toilets:
Toilet Plumbing Issues
- Weak Flusher– When you get a bathroom renovation done, you generally get the latest and best fixtures and fittings installed in the bathroom. But even the best of fittings may sometimes start to throw problems. Aspects such as improper usage, excessive usage as well as hard water can affect the condition of these fixtures and the manner in which they work. The best way to avoid hard water problems is to use a muriatic acid wash. This solution needs to be poured into the toilet and in the flush tube. After 30 minutes, simply flush it out and you will find that it has started to function much better.
- Partial Flush– If the flush doesn’t get emptied completely, yet there is sufficient pressure, it could mean there is some waterlogging in its flapper valve. Use the flush to determine how quickly the flapper valve is dropping. It should typically stay at a higher level till at least eighty percent of the water gets drained from the tank. If the flapper valve starts to drop much before that, you’d need to replace the valve.
- Less Water in the Bowl– If the water level in the bowl is much less than it should be, the problem could be created by a clog. A plunger or auger can be useful in clearing the clog. Sometimes, there could be a crack in the bowl which is causing the problem and the only solution is to get the toilet bowl replaced entirely.
- Gurgling Sounds In The Sink And Tub– Sometimes, you notice gurgling sounds coming from the sink or bath when you flush the toilet. This could be caused by a clog in the vent pipe and its best to call in a professional plumber for the job.
- Water Dripping From the Tank– If you find that the water from the tank doesn’t stop dripping the tank valve might be causing the problem. This fix is best handled by a licensed plumber.
While some plumbing problems may seem minor and fixable by DIY methods, it’s always best to hire the services of a good professional plumber for the job. We at SPS Plumbing provide high-quality standard and emergency plumbing services. We are prompt, efficient, reliable and maintain very reasonable pricing. This means you always get good value for money when you hire our services. For any plumbing job, call SPS Plumbers at this number- 02 9002 7332. We can provide you with an obligation-free quote for the work you need done. Do send us your queries using this contact us form