Toilet Won’t Flush
The toilet bowl is cleared of solid and liquid waste through a flush. The water is forceful enough to push the waste down the trap of the toilet and to the drains. This mechanism is essential to keep the toilet clean and useable. Unfortunately, if your toilet won’t flush, it’s practically useless to you unless you can find a large bucket of water and manually flush the toilet. That’s neither convenient nor pleasant. At SPS Plumbers, we can help you. If your toilet doesn’t flush, just give us a call and our plumber will drive our fully-equipped company van to your location, to fix the flush.
Why Won’t Your Toilet Flush?
The flush is made up of several components and if even one of them stops working well, your toilet will stop flushing. Here are some of the reasons why your toilet isn’t flushing:
- Clogs – The flush of water will forcefully push things down the drain, but if the toilet is clogged, the flush won’t work effectively. While you’ll still be able to release water from the tank, it wouldn’t be able to push much waste down the drain. The clog needs to be cleared for the flush to be effective once again.
- Water Level – If the tank’s water level is too low, the toilet won’t flush. The flushing mechanism is designed to work efficiently if there’s a set quantity of water in the tank. The water should reach one inch below the flush’s overflow pipe.
- Rubber Flapper – A bent or worn down flapper will compromise the effectiveness of the flushing mechanism. The flapper controls the release of water into the toilet bowl and closes the inlet when the tank is full. If it’s damaged, the toilet won’t flush.
- Lift Chain – The lift chain pulls the flapper up to release the water when you pull down the lever to flush. If the chain is too slack, it won’t be able to pull the flapper completely and that can lead to inadequate or no flush.
How Can We Help?
With over 15 years of experience in this industry, we have the skill and experience to fix all kinds of toilet problems. We will examine the toilet carefully and find the root cause of the problem:
- If the drain is clogged, we will use the toilet auger to clear the clog and ensure the toilet flushes well.
- If the water level is low, we will check the valve that controls water flow and replace it if necessary.
- Our plumber will also replace the flapper if it’s too damaged to release water smoothly.
- If the lift chain is too slack, we will shorten the length enough to give it adequate tension.
If you have any questions about our repair services when your toilet won’t flush or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.