We know that water is essential for our survival, but we also know that the water we drink or use for cooking and cleaning utensils needs to be free of contaminants. Unfortunately, the water we currently get has a number of pollutants, which makes it unsafe for drinking and can cause allergies, reactions, and illnesses in sensitive individuals. This is also why most people get filters installed in their homes. But there are so many different varieties available in the market that you would have to conduct some research or get the advice of a professional plumber before deciding which one you should get installed on your property.
Types of water filters
Here is some information about the different types of water filters that we at SPS Plumbers can install on your property.
- Infrared filters – This particular system reduces the hardness of water. It uses both light and heat to send a negative charge into the water, making it softer and safe for use.
- Activated carbon filters – These filters clean water by filtering out the larger particles such as sediment and silt. The filter efficiently absorbs the sediment so that it’s eliminated from the water that comes out of the faucets.
- Alkaline/water ionizers – These filters work almost in the same way that infrared filters do; the only difference is that they use electrolysis by channelling the water over plates that have been electrically charged, which separates the water into two streams, one of which is acidic and the other alkaline. The latter is safer for consumption.
- Reverse Osmosis – These filters are quite popular as they can remove most of the contaminants, giving you water that’s odour-free and clean. Some of the more expensive RO filters can easily filter-out contaminants that are as minute as .001 microns.
- UV Filters – This advanced water filtration technology uses UV radiation to destroy any harmful bacteria that are present in the water. It’s highly effective and environmentally-friendly and no additional heat source or chemicals are needed in its functioning.
Call the plumbing experts
Water filters are also available in different forms. Point-of-use filters that can be installed on showers and faucets are a good option if you want to soften water in your home. You can also opt for a larger water filtration system for your entire home. This will remove certain microscopic particles and concentrations of dissolved contaminants from the water.
We at SPS Plumbers have the knowledge, experience to provide you all the information you need about water filters and can handle the installation to perfection. We can also assess, identify and repair all types of plumbing problems and provide prompt and professional services regardless of the time you call us. For any information, feel free to call us on 02 9002 7332 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.