It can be extremely challenging to deal with a flooded bathroom. The accumulated water needs to be cleared quickly before it starts to affect the other features in that space. The water can also begin to seep into the grouting and create leaks in the other rooms.
In a situation like this, you need the 24/7 emergency plumbing services of a reliable like us at SPS Plumbers. We are a leading operator in this sector and offer professional and timely services to commercial and residential clients across Sydney.
We make sure that you receive a prompt response so that the problem can be fixed without delay. This reduces the chances of damage to other features and your overall repair costs too. But while you wait for our team to arrive at your location, there are certain things you can to stem the water damage as well.
Steps To Take
You must handle a flooded bathroom very carefully. Never try to fix the issue on your own unless you are licensed plumber. Some things you need to do are:
- Switch off the electrical circuit to your bathroom. Water is a good conductor of electricity. If any electrical connection comes in contact with the flooded water, it can result in a short circuit or electrocution which you want to avoid at all costs.
- Turn off the main water valve near the water meter on your property. That will prevent further flooding.
- If you have a separate isolation valve in your bathroom, you can turn that off instead.
- If the leak is from a pipe leading to a specific fixture like a sink or bathtub, you can turn off the valve connected to it.
- Ensure that any elderly or very young family members stay away from that space. The water can contain germs and bacteria that can harm their health.
- It’s best to wear rain boots before you enter the flooded bathroom.
- If you have an overflowing toilet, make sure you don’t flush it just then, as that will cause the situation to worsen.
What Professional Plumbers Do
- When the emergency plumber arrives, he will assess the situation and determine where the origin of the leak is.
- He will also check the adjacent installations and fixtures for signs of leaks.
- The expert will use a pump to direct all the accumulated water outdoors.
- They will provide you an upfront quote for the job and carry out the flooded bathroom repairs after your approval.
High-Quality Plumbing a Services
We use the latest technology, tools, and techniques in our work, and our expert plumbers are highly trained and experienced. They make sure that the job is completed efficiently and safely and will also recheck the fix before they consider their job done.
For any information about our full range of plumbing solutions, feel free to call SPS Plumbers on 02 9002 7332, and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill the contact us form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.