Up until a few years ago, if you had a sewer block or a broken pipe, the only option to deal with concealed pipe problems was replacement of that section. Not only is this job very tedious and time-consuming, but its disruptive, invasive and very heavy on the pocket as well. However, we at SPS Plumbers recommend the pipe relining method to fix pipe damage problems.
Conventional pipe repair solutions work well but large portions of the yard may need digging. As mentioned earlier, this makes the job time and labour-intensive and very expensive as well. Compared to that, the pipe relining technique is also a permanent solution that doesn’t disrupt your landscape or burn a hole in your pocket.
What is pipe relining?
- In the pipe relining process, two small trenches are dug at each end of the damaged pipe
- If the pipe is blocked with debris or tree roots, that block will first be cleared.
- A CCTV drain camera will be inserted into the drain to identify how much damage there is to the pipe.
- Once our experts have ascertained that pipe relining is a good solution in that situation, they will start on the work.
- A permanent epoxy relining material will first be inserted into the pipe and expanded till it fits snugly into the inner cavity.
- The final inspection will be carried out using CCTV cameras to ensure the lining is properly in place.
- The trenches will then be filled up and the ground will be levelled.
Pipe relining- the benefits
There are a number of distinct benefits to opting for pipe relining such as:
- Since very small trenches are needed to be dug there is no disruption to the original pipe. This means the job can be completed quicker compared to a traditional pipe repair or replacement solution.
- Since the entire pipe doesn’t have to be dug, there is minimal damage to the landscaping and the process is less invasive and less disruptive.
- The job is not as labour-intensive as standard methods and this makes the entire project more cost-effective as well.
- Since there is less mess in created, the clean-up is significantly easier and your landscaping and property can return to normalcy quickly.
- The epoxy relining material is much stronger than standard PVC pipes and is a proven technology that will provide years of trouble-free service.
- Pipe relining can be used to repair water, sewer and stormwater pipes, copper pipes, pool pipes and water mains.
We at SPS Plumbers have the knowledge, experience and tools to quickly assess, identify and repair all types of broken and damaged pipe problems. If you need a licensed 24/7 emergency plumber, we can provide prompt and professional services regardless of the time you call us. For any information, feel free to call us on 02 9002 7332 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.