Hot Water System Repairs
Hot water adds comfort and warmth to our lives. After all, who doesn’t like to take a hot shower or a warm bath after a long and hard day of work? Hot water systems are sophisticated appliances that provide warm water to all your bathrooms and your kitchen. They’re designed to be sturdy, reliable, and durable. Unfortunately, they can fail sometimes and that can stop the flow of warm water to the tabs and baths. You don’t need to endure this for too long. Just give us at SPS Plumbers a call and we’ll be happy to help with hot water system repairs.
Common Hot Water Problems and How We Help
Modern hot water systems are very efficient and reliable but sometimes they can cause problems. Thankfully, most of these problems hot water system repairs are easy and can be handled quickly. Our experienced plumbers will have your system up and running in no time. Here are the common hot water system problems:
- No Hot Water – This is one of the most common complaints and happens quite often. In an electric heater, the heating element malfunction is usually the reason behind cold water. In gas heaters, if the pilot light isn’t switched on, there will be no hot water. We’ll set the pilot light and replace the element to ensure the hot water systems work once again.
- Not Enough Hot Water or Too Much Hot Water – The most likely culprit behind this problem is the thermostat. If this doesn’t work well, it can cause drastic temperature changes in the water. Today, the water might be warm and comfortable, but tomorrow it might be very hot and scalding. We replace the thermostat so that the water is heated to the ideal temperature.
- Rust-Coloured or Black Water – Fear not, this isn’t the sign of contaminated water or something equally serious. The rust or black colour usually comes from a dissolved anode within the water heater. This anode disintegrates over long term exposure to hot water. In this case, we just replace the anode and your system is back up and running.
- Water with Pungent Odour – This is actually a sign of contaminated water and should be addressed as quickly as possible. The pungent odour comes from bacterial and fungal infection because these microbes thrive in an environment that has warm water and hydrogen gas. We provide regular maintenance packages that’ll help you avoid this.
- Water Leakages – This is one of the most common problems in heaters and the only way to deal with this is to seal the tubes and pipes well and keep corrosion at bay. Our regular maintenance packages will help keep leakages at bay.
If you have any questions about our hot water system repairs services or want a free no-obligation quote, just get in touch with us at SPS Plumbers. Our number is 02 9002 7332 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.